Saturday, July 11, 2009

Test update

No results yet but I want to thank anyone that took the time to pray for me during the testing process. I really felt the peace of God and know that it was not just my faith getting me through.

The good news is that I SURVIVED the HIDA scan of my gallbladder--lol!!! I am highly claustrophobic and the thought of being inside a machine with no way out was causing me a bit of anxiety to say the least. I had this test over 10 years ago and the machine used back then to pick up the nuclear medicine they inject into you reminded me of a COFFIN! I had to lay on a table after they put this dye in me and they pulled this huge HEAVY camera over my whole body and took pictures for so many minutes---well it seams that technology has come a long way in 10 years and the new machine is much different than what I remember--also the test took 2 full hours and I don't remember it being that long back in the 90's. Thankfully the camera used in today's time only covers you from the neck to thigh area and you are on a padded bed with a pillow and blanket, but they still pull it down to about 2 inches off your body so you feel this huge presence of something on top of you for the two hours. The best thing of all was that JOHN was allowed to be in there with me the whole time!!! The camera is not an x-ray so no radiation( other than what they pumped into my veins-lol!!).

They put the special nuclear dye in me and pulled the machine down then went and got John to sit next to me.Unfortunately I looked up before he got there and saw this "thing" at my chin level and was having a cow when he arrived-lol!! I truly have the best husband in the world as he stood at my side and held my hand and rubbed my arm until the panic attack left. A nurse walked by and saw him standing bent over me and got the chair they provided and slipped it under him so he wouldn't have to stand the whole 2 hours---if they hadn't have come by and the panicking feeling hadn't have left he would have stood the whole two hours!!!!

I LOVE YOU HONEY AND AM SO THANKFUL YOU WERE THERE FOR ME WHEN I NEEDED IT THE MOST!!!!!!

Other than the panic of being "trapped" the test isn't that bad except you have to lay perfectly still for 2 hours. Now being the mother of 2 very active 4 year olds the chance to lay down for two hours wasn't have bad--lol!!!! And the bonus of having my wonderful hubby there holding my hand and making small talk turned out to be a restful morning and a simi good date all things considering--lol!!

After the HIDA scan I got the heart monitor put on for the next 24 hours in hopes of having one of the "big episodes" of my heart racing super fast. As it turns out always for me no matter what I do to try and produce an 'episode' into happening I always fail.There is really no rhyme or reason as to why my heart will suddenly jump up to 145-180 beats per minute at times and therefore trying to make it happen is impossible. I did have a few minor times of increased heart rate and one moderate one but the rate was not that bad, my only hope is that the moderate one will give some answers or at least warrant me wearing the monitor for a longer period of time so that we might record a major incident.

I know that it sounds like I lack faith because I'm hoping to record a major heart episode instead of posting that I'm standing on the word of God that I NEVER have another one but the truth is I have been standing on the word for over a year now and it's time I hook my faith up to the medical world to get the answers as to why my heart has these episodes. Then I will know how to apply my faith so that it never happens again. In the word it says that EVERY NAME THAT IS NAMED SHALL BOW IT"S KNEE TO THE NAME OF JESUS and I just need that exact name to what is happening to me!It could be something as simple as my hormones being out of balance or a misfiring in the heart that could be zapped so that it never misfires again. No matter what it is I'm standing on the doctors finding the EXACT cause so that we can get on with resolving the issue instead of trying to cover it up---because covering it up isn't stopping it from "breaking" through!

I have return doctor visits scheduled for the next three weeks to get the results--sounds like an eternity to wait that long but since I have been dealing with it now for over a full year a few more weeks won't be that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment