Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Surgery and God's peace!

Well the test results are back and my gallbladder needs to come out. It is functioning at only 30% and after speaking with the surgeon he feels it will only get worse and cause major health issues if left in there. When my gastro doctor called to give me the results I was so relieved, which may sound as though I lacked faith but the truth is I have been asking God for CLEAR results that would give answers to all the symptoms I have been dealing with for this past year.

Finding out my gallbladder was toast was indeed an answered prayer. I would like to say I have the mountain moving faith at this moment to just stand on the word of God and believe that the gallbladder would be healed and begin to function in perfect harmony with the rest of my body but the truth is my faith is stretched from all the sickness and issues that this past year has dealt me. So in examining my faith I know that I know allowing the surgeon to be "God's hands" in bringing health back to me is the right thing. On Tuesday of next week I will be having out patient surgery to remove the diseased gallbladder.

The surgeon who will be doing this was the most tenderhearted and compassionate doctor John and I have ever meet. John was thrilled with how detailed of an exam he did as he left no stone unturned in trying to help us determine what was the best course of action to take. My gastro doctor was leaning more towards not removing it at this time because I'm also experiencing some muscular pain in the area of my gallbladder and he didn't want us to think this would be a "cure all" for all that is going on. We could have tried to do a special diet and worked on the muscular issue first and wanted the surgeon to do a very good exam to determine if there was more gallbladder issue verses muscular issues before we decided on surgery. So John and I prayed before the exam with the surgeon that it would be clear which issue was causing the symptoms and that we would have a clear answer and God provided the answer to that prayer. Up until the surgeon visit I wasn't having much peace about what we should do or not do, but as soon as we walked in the door of the surgeons office I knew God was going to give me clear directions and so I'm THANKFUL FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS!!!

While I am a little nervous about next Tuesday it's not because of the actual surgery as I know I'm in good hands with the surgeon. I'm actually a little nervous about being away from the boys and allowing someone else to care for them for the whole day-lol!! It seems I'm quite the over protective mother these days and am experiencing some separation anxiety at the thought of being out of it for a whole day. I have no idea what I'll do next year when they go off to kindergarten but I think I better start praying and preparing myself for that now!!! So if you think about me this week and next say a prayer for peace and comfort for me and for my boys. I won't be able to pick them up for a few days or weeks until the surgery sites are healed so we will have to adapted as I still pick them up and carry them around every now and then. ( if you are thinking they sound a little spoiled to be picked up and carried at the age of four you're right but since they are my kids I don't really care what anyone thinks--lol!!)

I have other results form test done this past week but those are for another day as I'm still trying to wrap my brain and heart around some of them and figure out where exactly I stand......... The one thing I know with every fiber of my being is that THE NAME OF JESUS IS ABOVE ALL NAMES and NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment