Monday, July 27, 2009

Nesting.....

Not sure if it's pre-surgery jitters or feeling sympathy for a friend as she waits these final days/minutes/seconds until her travel call to say their son is ready to come home but either way my house is as clean as it gets--lol!!!

My hubby should be pleased when he arrives home to find that every stitch of laundry we own is cleaned and neatly folded and in it's proper place---that proves there are still miracles being done today-lol!! I so hate doing laundry, I'd much rather wash dishes or scrub toilets than sort and fold and put away the laundry. I think it stems from my childhood days when each of us three kids had to take turns doing the laundry.Back then my mom only did it on Saturday and we somehow always had about 13 loads on my weekend to do it. I think my brother and sister changed their clothes about every 3 hours on the weeks they knew it wasn't their turn and I got stuck staying in the house all day long sorting,washing and drying then folding,ironing( yes my mother made us iron the clothes right then and there!) and putting away everyone's stuff. It really is a wonder I didn't grow up to live in a nudest colony after that--lol!! So if you ever stop by and see 2 or 3 loads of laundry just sitting there waiting to be folded you'll know why.

I'm hoping to take the boys to the free splash park here in town after nap time and then it's back home to eat and go watch my hubby and daughters and sons-in-laws play softball. Anything to keep my mind busy today. I'm not really nervous about surgery or any pain afterwards as my surgeon promises I will not be feeling all that bad,I"m just not looking forward to being forced to take it easy and not do the things I normally do for my kids and husband. I won't be babysitting my grandkids this week and I have a feeling I'm really going to miss them. Since moving back to town we have not hardly had a day when one or more of the adult kids have been over spending the entire evening with us--our house is usually a zoo around dinner time with anywhere from just us 5 to over 11 people or more all squeezing around the dinner table. So not having them around will be a little sad and a lot of quite!!!

My mom is coming up to the hospital to "sit" with John so say a prayer for him--lol!! She is a talker and he is not and he isn't looking forward to making small talk for so long without me there to rescue him--lol!! I think he may be the one that needs the pain meds tomorrow afternoon and not me-lol!

I'll let everyone know how I am as soon as possible. John and I are believing that this will resolve all the problems that have been going on including the heart palpitations and both of us are looking forward to me returning to my perkier active self soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you girl!!! I wish I was close so I could help with the boys. Please take it easy.
    love ya,
    lib

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking forward to hearing that all is well and you are fine. Happy Recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete