Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm Home!

Here is a copy of an email I sent out yesterday after I got home with a few updates about today.

Today I'm surprised about how much swelling I have--lol!! Having never had surgery before I didn't think my belly would swell so much which means I'm lounging around in my pj's for today.

I pulled a muscle getting in my bed last night so I have more pain than I should and may sleep on the couch tonight if it doesn't start feeling better soon.

The staff at the hospital was wonderful except I thought they really shoved you out the door pretty darn quick after surgery. I woke up at 2:05 from surgery and was heading out the door by 3, but being home was great and I could tell John was ready to get out of there-lol!!

The highlights--surgery was delayed because of other surgeries going on and I didn't go back until almost 1. we had cable in the room so we watched the deadliest catch which is one of our favorite shows so waiting wasn't bad but I was STARVING FOR KING CRAB BY THE TIME I LEFT--lol!!!

The gallbladder was inflamed, very diseased and not functioning, there where adhesion's attached to it with scar tissue and the surgeon said "other things" in the area was attached to it that shouldn't have been--don't know what that means but he said it REALLY REALLY was good we took it out. I'm having some pain but it's bearable--the dry mouth is bothering me though. Getting comfortable is hard but something I'm sure will pass soon.

Alisha and Baylee will spend the night so someone is here first thing in the morning with me--Annie has to go babysit over night so she won't be here.

Who knew chicken broth tasted so good--lol!!
Thank you for the prayers and I'll let you know if I need anything

No comments:

Post a Comment