Saturday, March 14, 2009

HUSBAND FUNNY!

I can't resist sharing a super funny to me story that happened between John and I recently. First I should give a tiny bit of background for those who may not know this about me. Something dropped into my heart about the time we decided that adoption was the way we were going to add to our family over 4 years ago. God seems to have pointed and planned all things that have happened in my life for this very drive I now have that at times feels like it is consuming me. I have a deep set passion for orphans and in particular Special Needs orphans. Even prior to the adoption of Colton and Braden my motto in life was and STILL IS THERE IS ROOM AT THE TABLE FOR JUST ONE MORE!!! I daily look and hope to find homes for waiting kids from several of my favorite waiting child listings. My husband does not at this time share the desire to add any more kids to the family but listens to me talk daily about any new updates on my "favorite kids"( I give them all names since they only have numbers next to their photos or bios) so keeping that in mind here is a conversation that took place during the first week of our debt reduction class.....

I was sitting in the office on the computer when John gets home from work and comes in to see what I was up to and ask whats for supper--Annie soon followed and entered after our conversation had began.

ME sitting at the computer: Honey I read over the pages of the debt class since I couldn't go with you on Sunday and I'm so excited to get started.

John: Yea the class was pretty much word for word from the pages so you didn't really miss out on much

Me: Yea it looks like we are in better shape than I first thought since we already have our "BABY FUND" in the bank

John: We don't have a baby fund honey( looking very confused at me while saying it)

Annie: WHAT BABY FUND- WE AREN'T GETTING ANOTHER BABY!.


Me: Yes we do to have a "baby fund" ( being very INSISTENT THAT WE DO!)


Annie : Dad tell Mom WE ARE NOT GETTING ANOTHER BABY!! You guys aren't getting another baby, Tell her Dad!!!


John: WE DON"T HAVE ANY BABY FUND( his eyes starting to bulge out)We aren't adopting Annie


Me:I Know THAT but we DO HAVE A" BABY FUND"--even the papers says we should start out with a "baby fund" in case of an emergency ( I realise at this point he doesn't remember the debt class says to start an emergency fund with only $1,000 and work towards saving the full 3-6 months worth of emergency fund money--the $1,000 is called the "baby fund" since it isn't fully funded yet, and so I have a little fun with John and Annie
)

John: But we don't have a BABY FUND


Me: but they told you in class to be prepared as you never know when anything is going to happen so we need a "baby fund"


Annie: WE ARE NOT GETTING ANOTHER BABY!


Me : remember we talked about it and we were going to save some tax money for this purpose.


John: (looking like he is raking his brain trying desperately to remember if we talked about an "adoption fund" and he doesn't remember)


Annie: What country are you talking about? You really aren't getting another baby -is it china or another Korean baby?( panic is setting in on her voice now!)


John: Honey there is NO MONEY and we didn't talk about a baby fund


Me: you didn't spend it did you? the tax money is still in the bank right--we still have a $1,000 for the baby fund
?

John: NO I didn't spend it( really looking distressed at this time and slightly ashen too-lol!!!)


Me: THAN WE DO TO HAVE A BABY FUND and we are already ahead of the game and ready to move to the next level


John: THERE IS NO BABY FUND HONEY!!


Me:( not being able to hold the laughter back from the distress that John and Annie are having) IF we still have the $1,000 in the bank than that's our "baby fund" Even Ben( the man running the debt class and dear friend for over 20 years) recommends we have one as you never know when there is a surprise emergency and we should be prepared so we don't go into debt over it, and we said we were going to have a baby fund


John--shakes his head NO<>

Annie: DAD!!( she is gasping now as she thinks her dad and I have talked about having a fund for another adoption or sibling call)


John: I don't remember ever agreeing to a baby fund we ARE NOT ADOPTING!


Me: (Can't contain the laughter any more and have to let them off the hook!)I KNOW THAT! I have been talking about the "baby emergency fund" Ben talks about --it's called the baby fund because it is only $1,000 and not the full 3-6 months of living expense and we DO HAVE IT RIGHT?!


John: (weak from thinking we were talking about adoption and he had somehow been snared into starting an adoption fund) Yea we got that, I need to go lay down


Me; falling off my chair laughing and Praying silently to God--Did you see how fast he thought I was talking about a baby God, maybe another kid is more on his mind than he is willing to admit! I know when it's time you can move his heart and make it happen so I'm not worried
!

1 comment:

  1. Anita I am laughing so hard I am crying!!! That is so funny. I am telling you we are virtual twinkies. You have to go read what I posted on my blog today. By the way this is what I love about you!!!!

    ReplyDelete