Monday, May 11, 2009

Meet.........Mike, Marie and Mongo!!!

Today I was looking at some waiting kids as I always do with Colton on my lap as he LOVES to look at the kids waiting for their families to find them. I often have " little moments of Mommy pride" when Colton looks at waiting children with me as his heart is as tender for those still waiting as mine is. Most of the time he will just point and ask me to bring the picture up bigger on the screen so he can see them and then he says "AHHHH he is so cute" or "Ahhh I want that one to be my "kinna sissy" (his way of saying Korean sister)". I always remind him we should pray that these kids hurry up and have their mommy and Daddy find them so they to can go home to the place God has waiting for them and that usually makes Colton stretch out his hand towards the picture and he prays his little prayer---" Father God in Jesus name help him have a Mommy and Daddy to come home to" Then he hops down and runs off as his attention is on to something else.
But today was different and when I pulled up some newly listed little ones he asked "What's that babies name?" and since there wasn't one listed I said "He doesn't have a name as he is waiting for his family to name him" So Colton responded without missing a beat "I'm going to name him MIKE!!!" I was shocked because we don't have a Mike that he plays with nor does he know any Mikes except one but never calls that person Mike as he is the daddy to one of his good friends so he refers to him as Ryans Daddy. Colton has prayed for "Mike to have a family" and I thought I would share him with you ---I feel like I can because he is listed on the HOLT website and is not password protected so the following is "MIKES" listing and you can find him at the link right above his photo.....If you feel like MIKE is your son looking back at you then Please contact HOLT INTERNATIONAL and drop me a line or post back in this posting so Colton can know that you are his new family!! After we looked at MIKE Colton asked to see two more and named them also and so below MIKE is MARIE, and MONGO( I have no idea how he came up with the name MONGO but it rolled right off his tongue the minute he saw his face.!!)

This naming of the babies really tugged at my heart as it makes the kids so real and not just some picture. I often name waiting babies just so I have a name to say as I pray for them and I guess it has started rubbing off on Colton even though I have NEVER MENTIONED I name the babies to him--I think he just has the same heart that I have with the passion for these kids to be real and have a real family!

SO HERE IS COLTONS MIKE!!!!!!!
http://www.holtintl.org/waitingchild/photolisting/images/B09_135.jpg

ID: B09_135
DOB: October 14, 2008

This adorable little boy was born full term and weighed 7.76 pounds. He was on target developmentally in his well baby check in April. Prior to birth, he was found to have meconium peritonitis which was treated surgically after birth. He has been hospitalized and treated for gastroenteritis and colitits and his condition is now being monitored. A neurosonogram in December found subependymal hematomas in his brain. However, his most recent neurosonogram in April shows no abnormalities. His birth mother did smoke cigarettes during her pregnancy and took medication for dry skin. His foster family describes him as a good looking boy who looks very bright when he moves his lips to babble. He is in need of a family who is able to provide him with the medical care that he needs.

To adopt this child, couples must submit their application to Holt before the oldest spouse reaches the age of 43. Applicants must be married at least 3 years and live in one of the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, HI, IA, KS, KY, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NJ, NM, OH, OK, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, WADC, WV, or WY. Up to 4 children in the home. * See country criteria for complete requirements.





and here is his MARIE--which Mommy thinks is so adorable and would LOVE to chat with anyone that would like to know about having a child with a teeny tiny head as Bradens head is still in the UNDER 3%


s.





ID: G09_133
DOB: August 29, 2008

This beautiful little girl was born at 40 weeks and weighed 7.65 pounds. Her birth father has Wilson’s disease and it has not been determined if she inherited the disease. She is taking seizure medication after her EEG showed left central spike discharges. Her most recent neurology report states that there is not any definite seizure activity, and that her head circumference in the in 3rd percentile at 41cm. Her March well baby check assessed her to be at a 6 month developmental level, and notes that her lower extremities are spastic. She also has been hospitalized 3 times to be treated for jaundice. This sweet little girl is in need of a family who is open to some unknowns and is able to provide her with the medical care that she may need.


I can't seem to post MONGO without erasing Marie so he is going to get his own post--lol!!





No comments:

Post a Comment